What is the Lifeline Assistance Program?
Lifeline Assistance is a federal benefit that helps eligible individuals pay for basic, local telephone service. An eligible customer may receive the Lifeline discount on either a wireline or wireless connection, but the discount is available for only one telephone connection per household. Eligible customers can receive up to $9.25 per month in Lifeline discounts. You may qualify for this Plan if you participate in one or more of the following Federal or State Assistance Programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Plan (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance
- Low-Income Heat Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- National School Lunch Program
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Household Income at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
For more information, please call 540.925.2255 or click here for more information on Lifeline.